Excellent work, will it support new Calais API Release 4?

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:24 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2009 at 5:25 AM
Hi, congratulations on an excellent piece of work.

I downloaded, installed, and tested 2 days ago.  Everything works brilliantly.

I just recieved an email from Open Calais saying the API will change in 2 weeks. Do you plan to release an update to your code to reflect the changes they have made?

Email below

=========

We're in the countdown to March 15th when Release 4 of Calais will be in full production. If you use one of our end user tools such as Tagaroo or the Calais modules for Drupal, feel free to ignore this email – we’ll take care of the upgrades for you.

But if you’re a developer who uses the Calais API, then this email is relevant to you.

Calais Developers – It's time to start testing your applications against Release 4 of Calais. The response format in R4 includes significant changes. The odds are pretty high that your application will need some modifications, and we want to give you time to make those changes.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Thanks Jay :)

Yes we are hoping to support v4. I am curently looking at processing the RDFS (RDF Schema) file that Calais are now issueing to generate concrete .NET classes so that we wont have to rely on the current enums and will allow access to much more of the data.

What will probaly happen is I will update the current code and enums to support v4 and then carry on this work in a seperate branch so that current users can use the current incarnation as soon as possible.

[mRg]
Mar 26, 2009 at 4:19 AM
Hey emargee, any progress on the v4 support?  

I've been using calais.net extensively the last while and am sending a few thousand submissions a day through it.  Since they've flipped over to v4 I've been noticing issues on some submissions.  Particularly with relation to the entity position property.  I've started digesting your code, but haven't tracked down the specific issue yet and didn't want to burn a lot of time if you're already in the process of significant changes.  Anything happening?  

Thanks for the great work so far, its saved me a lot of time duplicating effort!

Joshua

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:31 PM
The current build breaks against Calais v4.0 for any document containing the new Position EntityType.  By adding a new enum value of "Position" to the CalaisRDFEntityType enum the error will not occur.  

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Sorry for the delay doing this update .. I have now added the new entities and relationship for v4 .. Please build from the 'CalaisDotNet-v4Support' branch for now while I fold in any more changes.

As far as I'm aware the only outstanding TODO is French support, of course if anyone spots anything else or finds any problems please let me know. :)

[mRg]