This project is read-only.

CalaisSimpleDocumentDescription "object reference not set to an instance" ...

May 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Hi, is this project still alive? I am trying to evaluate Calais, but I get an "object reference not set" error in CalaisSimpleDocumentDescription.

I've copied the sample code and didn't change a thing, the error occurs when doing: 

var document = calais.Call<CalaisSimpleDocument>();

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I get exactly the same problem, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", when running the example code as provided on the home page.

This project looks like a handy little wrapper for Open Calais, any explanation to help me understand it here would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM

A quick look at the code clarified why the example source failed to run. The enumerations <<public enum CalaisRdfEntityType>>, <<public enum CalaisRdfRelationshipType>> and <<public enum CalaisRdfEntitySubType>> do not contain items that the open-calais api now is able to identify. Once these items are added to the enums, the examples seem to run fine. 

However, there are still some issues I'm experiencing with the library, and for my purposes this whole library might be an overkill and I might just opt to implement some light parser for the open-calais enriched content.

Anyway, if anyone notices any more bugs or gets the time to check the code more extensively please let us know on here. [I'm currently under a lot of time pressure, so am afraid can't have a proper look at the project right now].